- Mid–level designer
- 8 – 12 month maternity leave contract (with the potential of a permanent position thereafter)
- Immediate start
- Dynamic and varied digital and print graphic design role working within one of Australia's peak industry associations.
About the Organisation
The Australian Gift & Homewares Association (AGHA) is one of Australia's most successful industry associations, with a mission to create the optimum commercial environment for wholesalers and retailers to succeed by helping them improve profitability, save money, connect and embrace best business practice. In addition to being a membership based organisation, AGHA organises two world class AGHA Gift Fair trade exhibitions in Sydney and Melbourne; as well as many other retail and consumer facing events.
About the Role
This is an 8 -12 month maternity leave contracted position, however, depending on the performance of the candidate there is an opportunity for transition to a permanent role at the conclusion of the contract due to departmental expansion and new print publishing venture.
Based full time at AGHA’s Homebush office, the candidate will work primarily with the Marketing Team to design, layout and produce artwork across a range of collateral including print and digital media. This is a dynamic and varied role, demanding the production of high quality design and artwork to tight deadlines from brief to final production. In addition, you will be capable of providing HTML based web design and support for in-house website updates and e-newsletters (eDMS).
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for artwork and production of AGHA's publications, brochures and marketing collateral
- Providing graphic design advice, direction and services including conceptualising, designing and producing branding, graphics and layout; creating and amending a diverse range of printed and online materials including various publications, forms, templates, programs, promotional material and exhibition signage
- Provide creative solutions, concepts and finished designs for departmental graphic design projects while working within the parameters of the branding guidelines
- Understand pre-press processes and requirements in order to produce final artwork for print
- Coordinating with external service suppliers to deliver effective and attractive print and digital communications
- Working with the Marketing Manager to manage cost estimates and quotations for production services
- Provide expert solutions and advice to ensure that all communications are designed to achieve their market objectives and communicate effectively to their target audience
- All pre-and post-production activities; including sourcing quotes from printers, coordinating with mail houses, recommending and purchasing paper stock
- Contribute to the management of production resources, including but not limited to software and photo libraries.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in graphic design
- At least three years' experience in a similar role with demonstrated expertise across both print and digital platforms
- High level of computer literacy including high level proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Extensive experience with professional publication software and processes
- Demonstrated HTML design coding skills
- Desktop publishing experience favourable
- Initiative, strong organisation and communication skills and the ability to multitask in order to meet set deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in time constrained situations and manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoy working in a strong team environment
What's in it for you?
The Australian Gift and Homewares Association is proud of their open and collaborative culture. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to be innovative and share ideas which will continuously improve the association and all it's communications.
As this is a maternity leave contract, a full position handover and training will be provided.
An attractive remuneration package is on offer for the right candidate, depending on experience.